Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Chilly Chimps

What an achievment, I've made it to episode two. This week consisted of agonisingly scrutenising over what the best song of various albums were and then ending up not using most of them. Maybe next week. Anyway here it is, some of the songs are a but strange but overall i think it's good. Songs are as follows:

1) Cigerette Smoke - Arctic Monkeys
I was recently introduced to this band and instantly liked them. They are British (i think) and only been around for a very short time, releasing their second EP days ago. They are very energetic with lots of variety. I have no doubt they will be big one day. This song would be my favourite though there are many other good ones

2) Munich - Editors
I really don't know how to explain this band. I guess you could say they sound a bit 'dark'. Either way it is good music which i have come to appreciate as i listen to more. This song is particularly catchy

3) Emily Kane - Art Brut
"Yes this is my singing voice!" States the singer in the first song of the album. If you listen to this song you'll understand. It's the kind of music that sounds more like talking than singing. Despite this its still good to listen to. Probably aided by lyrics so stupid its funny. This song probably isnt the funniest on the album but it's the best to listen to.

4) Complications - The Cants
This band is explosive and i liked every song instantly as the album played through. Admittedly, at the other end of the scale, it probably won't have much longevity but i am yet to get sick of them. As you can imagine they are also great live. This song is great as are most of the songs on their album 'Melbourne Vampires'

5) Walking Away - 67 Special
This is another of the many quality emerging Australian bands which i'm dying to see live. In fact I actually bought this album, something i NEVER do. So maybe including this song is just a way of justifying my money being spent. Or it could be the fact that its a really good song. You decide

There we have it. Another episode done. Keep listening and i'll keep making

6 comments:

Alex Banks said...

Ya top 3 songs there are good quality bands.. Arctic Monkeys has been around about a year. Believe the hype!

Cheers

Peter said...

Why thankyou. The other two bands are also good but I'm assuming you're not Australian (though thats no excuse). We have quite a bit of good music emerging however it will probably never get internationally recognised. You should check it out.

Alex Banks said...

Alright. Will explore the other two songs based on your good judgement of bands. I'm not an Aussie btw.. <)

Thank you for your comment on my blog. Regarding my news segments, I've got some from surfing around, so I need a platform to write on my opinions about them..

Yup, editors n arctic have many quality songs but i've place my personal favs on e radioblog. Trust me, it takes some weeks to get the radio on e blog. Very tedious. You can slowly learn on the know-how from the radioblog site.

Peter said...

Haha VERY slowly. But maybe one day i'll get it. I'm still in the process getting my blog smoothed out and easily accessible. My eventual hopes are to have previews available through radio blog, 1-click access with itunes and listeners in the double figures..........hehe

I don't think either of those bands will ever get really big but i'm sure you'll be hearing another Jet soon.....whether you like it or not (though depending on where you live you mightn't of had the pleasure of hearing them)

Either way its a fun hobby for me and i'll keep doing it for as long as the law allows me (wait... technically i dont think im allowed now....) Ah well

jimmy asklund said...

Hi! I like your show a lot. Some really good music. Thanks. I subscribed instantly.

Peter said...

Hearing someone from across the globe say they like my work makes life worth living